Cold brew coffee has gained popularity among coffee drinkers in recent years.
Instead of using hot water to draw out the flavor and caffeine of coffee beans, cold brew coffee relies on time by steeping them in cold water for 12–24 hours.
This method makes the drink less bitter than hot coffee.
Making it at home is super easy and a much lower cost than drinking it through the drive through.
Here is our recipe to make the perfect batch.
- Put the coffee in the filter basket.
- Place the filter basket into the jar
- Pour the water slowly over the filter basket
- * Optional but recommended; stir the grounds gently in the basket to ensure they’re all soaked through evenly.
- Screw lid on.
- Set on countertop, undisturbed, for determined period of time (We recommend 15 hours).
- Remove filter basket and replace lid.
Made Coffee will be a nice 2/1 concentrate (or to taste).
So for a 12 oz cold brew combine 8 oz of Made Coffee with 4 oz of filtered water and/or sweetener/cream if desired.